Concept Toolkit 12 has been updated with the following information:
- New marginal tax rates as of April 2016.
- Income Tax Calculator lets you calculate 2016 or 2015 taxes.
- New, top marginal tax bracket added to all tax calculators.
- Marginal Rate Illustrator has a new, cleaner look and layout.
- Option to include the SAGES grant in the Education Planner
- Option to select Province or Federal LIF factors on the Data Entry screen of the LIF calculator.
- TFSA limit reset back to $5,500 from $10,000 to reflect change announced in March 2016 budget.
- Index data (stocks, bonds, cash, inflation) as of December 31, 2015.
- CPP/OAS benefits as of June 2016.
- Corporate class funds concept slide removed to reflect change announced in March 2016 budget.
- OAS Eligibility and OAS Shortfall screens removed to reflect change announced in March 2016 budget.
- OAS start age has been reset to 65 in the Advanced Retirement Planner to reflect change announced in March 2016 budget
Download Instructions for the Concept Toolkit Update
- The full version of Concept Toolkit 12 must already be installed on your computer for this update to work. If the program is not already installed, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will email you links to download the full version.
- Concept Toolkit 12 is usually installed in this folder on your computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Concept Toolkit 12. If it is installed in a different folder or drive, you need to change “C:\Program Files (x86)” to the name of the new directory in the “Destination Directory” field on the “Choose Destination Location” screen when you run the update.
Click here to download the Concept Toolkit update or click the icon below.
After you complete the download and open the program, it will say “Concept Toolkit 12.6” in the top left corner of the program window.
If you have any problems completing the above download, you may need to temporarily turn off your Anti-Virus program:
- For example, if your anti-virus program is Norton:
- On your desktop, in the strip of icons that appear along the bottom of the screen, locate the Norton AntiVirus icon near the system clock. Hovering your mouse over an icon will show what that icon is for.
- Right-click the Norton icon and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Click “Disable AntiVirus Auto-Protect.” If prompted, specify the amount of time you want to disable the security program.
- Complete the download.
- When you are done the download, repeat the above process and select “Enable AntiVirus Auto-Protect”.
If you need any assistance, email us at email@example.com.