The Report builder in Toolkit is a powerful feature that lets you build an unlimited number of reports or presentations using any combination of the 300 screens in Toolkit.
You can use the Report builder to:
- Group your favourite Toolkit concepts into one presentation for quick access.
- Group Toolkit concepts into presentations that can be used over and over again with clients and prospects.
- Print more than one Toolkit page at a time. If you are in any other part of the Toolkit program, you can only print one Toolkit page or screen at a time. To print more than one page at a time, you need to group the pages first and then print them using the Print button in the Reports builder screen.
- Create a financial plan using the Planner calculators and any other concepts or calculators.
1. To open the Reports window, click the Reports button on the Main Menu screen.
The Reports window is divided into two sections, Toolkit Page List and Reports List.
Toolkit Page List
- All 300 pages in Concept Toolkit are shown in the scroll box on the left hand side of the Reports window.
- The 3 letter prefix in front of each name identifies the Content page that the page is found on. For example, the pages found on the Financial Planning Contents page have the “Fin” prefix.
- The pages are listed in the same order as they appear on the Contents pages. Financial Planning pages are listed first, followed by Investment 1 and 2, RRSP, Retirement, Tax, Insurance, Estate, Education, Planner and Custom pages.
- Currently saved reports are shown in the scroll box on the right hand side of the Reports window
- The five buttons at the bottom of this scroll box – New, Save, View, Print, Delete – are used to create new reports and manage current ones.
- The five buttons in the middle of the screen – Add Page, Delete Page, Move Page Up, Move Page Down, Preview Page – let you move pages from the Toolkit Page List scroll box to the Reports List scrollbox. Once you create a new report or presentation use these buttons to add pages to your report and to change the order of the pages in your report.
Create a New Report
- Click on the New button at the bottom of the Report List scroll box.
- Type in the name of your report in the text entry field just above the Report List scroll box and press the Enter or Tab key.
- Click on a page in the Toolkit Page List scroll box to select it and then click the Add Page button to move it into your newly created report. Repeat this step for each page you want to add to your report. Note that you cannot add the same page twice to the same report.
- Click the Save button to save your report.
Save a Report
Click on the Save button at the bottom of the Report List scroll box to save a presentation.
View a Report
- Click on the View button at the bottom of the Report List scroll box to view the currently selected report.
- Click the Hide Buttons button in the top left corner of the screen to hide the navigation buttons while viewing a report. To show the buttons again, click the Show Buttonsbutton.
- To jump to a page in your report while viewing it, click the Goto Page button in the top right corner of the screen. A window will appear showing the pages in your report. To go to a page, click on the name of the page in the window.
- Click the Exit Report button in the top left corner of the screen to return to the Reports window.
Print a Report
Click on the Print button at the bottom of the Report List scroll box to print the currently selected report.
Delete a Report
Click on the Delete button at the bottom of the Report List scroll box to delete the currently selected report.