Whenever you launch Concept Toolkit, a master data set called _Master Data will always open up first and appear as the currently opened client. The name of the currently opened client is shown in the grey box in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Click on the Clients button on the Main Menu screen to open up the Clients window. A list of previously saved clients will appear in the window.
Clients Window (scroll down to see screenshot)
To create a new client, click on the New Client button. Creating a new client makes a copy of all of the data saved in the _Master Data file and stores it under the new client’s name.
To open an existing client, click on the name of the client in the list and then click the Open button. The Open button will not appear until you click on a client name in the list.
Save as Client
To save a copy of the current client under another name, click on the Save As button.
To delete an existing client, click on the name of the client in the list and then click the Delete Client button. The Delete Client button will not appear until you click on a client name in the list. Note that you cannot delete the master data set called _Master Data.
To exit the Clients window, click the Close button.
Creating a New Client File – Step by Step
- To save data and calculations under a specific client name, follow these steps:
- Click Clients on the Main Menu screen.
- Click New Client on the Clients window.
- Type in the client name.
- Press the Tab key.
- Click the Create button.
1. Click on the Clients button On the Main Menu screen.
1. Click the New Client button on the Clients window.
1. Type in the client’s name.
2. You MUST press the TAB key after typing in the name to save it.
1. Click the Create button after pressing the Tab key.
1. The name of the client file you just created will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen.